Hosting a Static Website on AWS
Websites hosted on the Amazon Web Services is the face of any organisation, through which you can build your business. Ideally there are two ways for building your website on Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Static website and Dynamic website.
You can host a static website which has no database and the content doesn’t change frequently. The web assets includes images, stylesheets, videos, web pages, streaming content, PDFs, blog posts, and more.
AWS offers Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) for storing your content and CloudFront for delivering your content over the Internet.
Static Websites Architecture on Amazon Web Services
To host your static website, you configure an Amazon S3 bucket for website hosting and then upload your website content to the bucket. The website is then available at the region-specific website endpoint of the bucket.
Before you start building and deploying a static website on AWS, you must have the AWS services in place:
- Amazon S3: It is a low-cost, highly reliable web service for storing the static websites. It is secure, fast, protected against data loss, and can scale to support enterprise-level traffic. It can store your website files and also to deliver your content to the visitors to your website.
- Amazon Route 53: A reliable and cost effective way for routing the customers to your website. It maps human-readable domain names to IP addresses and the Amazon Web Service locations. It tells where to find the resources for your domain, such as your website content in Amazon S3.
- Amazon CloudFront: It speeds up your website, by caching the content in edge locations, which is geographically closest to your customer. This ensures there is lowest possible latency in delivery the requested content to the end user.
To start hosting a static website on AWS, you’ll do the following:
- Upload the files to this bucket.
- Make the files publicly viewable.
- Configure the bucket to act as a website.
For more information on how to host a static website on the AWS using Sysfore’s expertise, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org