An organization’s data journey is multi-faceted, it requires the unification of system integrations, data migration, data quality, data governance and data archiving throughout the lifetime of your corporate data. Laying down a solid foundation for this process is the new concept of data modernization, which involves analyzing and preparing data to become holistically integrated into these processes.
Data modernization facilitates the overarching business processes that drive organizations’ success by coordinating and optimizing these events across the data lifecycle. To unlatch the power of data, organizations can now incorporate next-generation applications to support all requirements for data consistency, reliability, reusability, and execution across information governance projects.
Moving your data to the cloud will make your business more efficient and secure. Most organizations looking to modernize their data platforms want the same things:
- Less administration
- Minimal downtime
- Data backups in a secure location
- A replacement for dedicated disaster recovery (DR) sites
- A cost-effective way to scale processing
- Eliminate time spent managing “long tail” of applications.
- Free up limited IT resources to drive transformation
- Migrate business-critical apps to the cloud
Microsoft’s Azure Data Platform offers a variety of paths to these objectives:
Azure SQL Database
Azure SQL Database is Microsoft’s fully managed cloud relational database service in Microsoft Azure. It shares the same code base as traditional SQL Servers but with Microsoft’s Cloud first strategy the newest features of SQL Server actually are released to Azure SQL Database first.
Below are the top benefits that companies are realizing with Azure SQL Database as their database service:
- Scalability – Azure SQL Database enables you to easily scale your database by adding more compute power (scale-up) or adding more database units (scale-out). Flexible plans of Azure SQL database meet the needs of big as well as small enterprises. The pricing structure allows users to pay as little as $4.99 per database per month with maximum storage set at 150 GB per database. That’s a lot of space for very little cost.
When demand for your app grows from a handful of devices and customers to millions, Azure SQL Database scales on the fly with minimal downtime. Scalability is one of the most important characteristics of PaaS that enables you to dynamically add more resources to your service when needed. Azure SQL Database enables you to easily change resources (CPU power, memory, IO throughput, and storage) allocated to your databases.
- High Speed and Minimal Down Time – High availability architectures mean high-speed connectivity and data retrieval as well as low downtime at your organization. There’s nothing worse than stopping business because your technology can’t keep up, but that is no longer a problem with Azure SQL Database.
There are multiple levels of implementation available on Azure SQL Database. If the requirement is just a website and a database, you can just subscribe for a SQL Azure instance to an Azure website. On the other hand, if you need a fully functional VM for your enterprise you can avail that as well. These implementation options help make your company more adaptable to the inevitable changes it undergoes on a regular basis.
- Time Is On Your Side – With no administrative duties on your physical location, employees can take time for strategic work to advance and grow all-around business success. When your database is hosted in the cloud, you don’t have to deal with setting up SQL Server, apportioning databases, and dealing with physical machine maintenance and upkeep. All of this results in better alignment of your organization and ultimately more time on your side.
- Improved Usability – Using standard SQL, it’s much easier to manage database systems without having to write or update a huge amount of code.
- Streamlined business continuity with automatic backups and geo-replication
- Microsoft-backed database-as-a-service with 99.99% uptime SLA Provision and pay-as-you-go
- Familiar development tools – T-SQL, REST APIs, PowerShell, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Visual Studio, popular platforms and technologies including .NET, Java, Ruby on Rails, and Node.js and Azure Management Portal with HTML5 support
- Zero administration – Virtualized infrastructure removes nearly all maintenance including automated software patching
Let Sysfore be your guide
We offer a comprehensive solution to convert legacy and near-legacy databases to modern database platforms that will allow you to scale your business. We begin with a detailed assessment of the database schema along with a baseline performance requirement. We then use this information to recreate your database environment without the data. This approach alleviates any data privacy concerns. We then internally set up a repeatable process to convert legacy databases to the modern database of your choice. We work with you to tailor a future-proof system architecture in the cloud or on-premises.
We follow a 5 step process for database modernization:
- Database and Data conversion
- Application COnversion
- Quality Assurance
- Deployment, Training & Support
As your trusted partner, Sysfore can help you understand how these changes could impact your business and assist your transition to the latest offerings. We can offer you:
- Free Workshop on Azure Database for SQL/PostgreSQL/MySQL
- Free Assessment of existing on-premise SQL/PostgreSQL/MySQL database
- Free SQL/PostgreSQL/MySQL Architectural preparation
- Free Consultation and migration to SQL on LINUX
- Get a free Azure Trial Credit pack for 100$
Sysfore, A Microsoft Cloud solution provider and a Gold Partner, uses a leading network, technology, and service expertise to deliver our service anytime, virtually anywhere, quickly and efficiently. We have helped over 80 small enterprises and 30 mid-sized enterprises across the globe for successful cloud migration in the past 8 years. Contact one of our experts today and we will help you find the perfect solution for your business. Write to us at email@example.com or give us a call at +91 (80) 4110 5555